Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things were looking bad for our heros...

The scene: the 12th Amani Bear Mount run, second boss, the bear boss Nalorakk. We had already had a random warlock death on the Gauntlet to the Eagle boss, then failed to sneak past the first bear mobs leading to a dead druid and more slowness as he ran back. Then Gnez d/c-ed right as the battle started leaving us with 9. Figuring our dps would be low, I was concentrating on maxing aggro so the rest could go all out and I didn't even notice right away that Dethnotroic died at 50%.

I'm not sure how he died, I might have been slow or silenced on the taunt and he got the Mangle on top of the Bleeds, but suddenly I'm the lone tank, troll form and we're light on dps. Now, some might just give up there and the whole mount run is hosed. But I'm thinking about what we might do to try to save it.

I tanked the troll boss as normal and right as he went bear, I warned the raid, bubbled, right-clicked it off and taunted the boss back. Wiseman was yelling something about let him get tops on threat, probably so he could iceblock and nobody would die during the GCD befoe I could taunt. I didn't wait around to see if that was happening, I just went. The bear did snap back to me pretty fast, so I either nailed the clicking sequence or Wiseman got his wish and iceblocked the bear back to me.

We cranked the dps as hard as we could, but eventually the boss is going back to Troll form and I've got both bleeds on me. That Mangle is going to hurt. I announced over vent that I was waiting to LoH myself at the first sign of trouble in Troll phase and tanked it with my hand poised over the key (Alt-0). I was worried that the dmg would be too high even so, but instead I managed a lucky string of dodge/parry/misses and my hp hardly dropped at all before the boss was down.

We rezzed, tightened up and Gnez finally got back on line just for the last couple of pulls to the Dragonhawk boss. It was smooth sailing from there and Gnez got his mount, the 12th for our group, in spite of his d/c unluckiness.

That was Tuesday and we're now in the middle of a non-raiding stretch since I'm travelling for work for a couple of days. However, it doesn't look like we'll miss a reset. I'll be back for another run Sunday and we should be able to go again immediately on Monday. After that we might scale back on the mount run frequency for a bit.

Maybe we'll get in some more T6 raiding next week. Or maybe I'll try to gather more people to try Vashj some more. Gotta do something for the next couple of months before the expansion releases.

1 comment:

sskirby said...

Beros! I'm dying to hear about more of your adventures! I know you've still been doing things... don't try to hide it ;)

P.S. First post! :P