Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rolling 25 Content

We got off on a nice run last night in Naxx-25, rapidly clearing the Spider & Plague wings and then grinding our way through the Construct wing to see Thaddius. As we were cruising through the Spider wing, I noticed we didn't have even a single random rez on the trash or boss. I was going to bring it up on vent but I knew everybody would get mad that I was jinxing the run. Then I starting thinking of it like when a baseball pitcher is pitching a no hitter and nobody is allowed to say anything out loud. And I wondered if anybody else was noticing.

Then Sherider broke the streak (go figure, heh) on the Plague wing trash, so I mentioned the impressive lack of deaths preceding that. We were about the pull Heigen the Unclean and several people expressed some skepticism that we could pull of the 25-person Safety Dance -- no deaths on that boss is a specialized achievement. Uglykid was skeptical enough to wager. He msged me a number of predicted deaths on the fight. I told him I'd take the under and he was pessimistic enough to give me 2:1 odds.

I won the bet by a fairly significant margin. We did have 3 deaths, but they were all b-rezzed so it was nice to see 25 people standing when the boss went down. Of course, then we promptly had a bunch of people die on the short gauntlet run to Loatheb. But then we beat Loatheb pretty handily as well.

Since we hadn't been to the Construct wing before to see how the trash & bosses change in Heroic mode, it was no suprise that the body count started to pile up from there. We managed a full wipe on the trash -- "hey, that's a lot more slimes than usual, oh look and they all have an aura too." And then we wiped on Patchwerk. I was a little nervous about Patchwerk since he has a rep for hitting significantly hard. But we mostly only wiped because Bloc's computer locked up and you really need 3 tanks for the fight. We got him fairly easily on the second pull.

Grobbulus and Gluth were both messy one-shots, I believe (and we did them with 24 since Kainos's comp locked up and then wouldn't let him back onto Elune). It was late as we pulled up to Thaddius, but we decided to press on for a few extra minutes. With 25 people running around as the polarity switches, I really wanted to get at least one practice pull. It went pretty well, so we did another. But it's going to take a fair amount of precision in both movement after a polarity switch and positioning to make the polarity-buffing to get our dps up enough to do 30m within the enrage timer.

But I'm pretty optimistic that we'll get him tonight. I don't think it'll take much more practice. Then we'll head back to the Military wing. Razuvious and Gothik should be even easier than last week. And hopefully we'll find non-idiots to tank the casters (either somebody not-me, or me being less idiotic) and work out the 4 Horsemen.

If all that goes as smoothly as I hope, we'll be in the Frostwyrm Wing before the end of the night. That will definitely raise the possibility of a third Heroic raid night this week, probably Sunday, if we have a shot at closing out the instance this reset. That'd probably mean no real shot to clear the 10s, but maybe we can just use the 4th raid night to mess around with Malygos or even Sartharian with a drake up. Actually, I suppose we could do those with 25, too.

I was a bit more comfortable getting to raid as prot again last night. Dethno was delayed by work, so I took the 3rd tank role. I have a hunch I might end up healing again tonight, though. I got a few healing upgrades last Naxx-10, so with practice, I should be getting progressively less hopeless at it. I wonder if I'll be able to get on early enough to gem & enchant the gear. Plus I need to update the DKP from last night (and there was plenty of it).

No comments: