Friday, October 3, 2008

On a Slab

"Slab's not so bad if you know what you're doing" says Hawksy. I suppose so, but when it's already 3am, nobody really remembers the pulls anymore after all this time and most of the dps is alts, well, I suppose it's not that surprising that you might make a couple of visits to the GY.

It was late because first I tried to get an SSC run together last night. I knew it was a long-shot, but I mostly wanted to re-introduce the idea of raiding nights to the /l8raid channel hoping that we might build back up, especially when 3.0 releases.

Then we ran Sherider through a "quick" Heroic SH so he could start catching up with the Trials quests on the Champion chain. So it was a late start to a long Shadow Labyrinth run. But we finished eventually.

I just need Heroic Arcatraz and I'm ready for Magtheridon. I'm hoping it won't be hard to put together a pug for Mag, although it'll probably still be a couple of days until all of us trying to get through the questline catch up. Phage is where I am, but Ragonbadger and Sherider need to do Steamvaults. Yeah, Ragon was there on Wed, but he said I'm not supposed to make him look bad by explaining why he needs to run it again.

Islowlykill is back from his business trip, so we should have the dps to do another bear run tonight. We technically will have a few more mount run opportunities before the patch. I'm not entirely sure what to do with those. I've been getting increasing numbers of requests to help out other groups. There are still a few l8raiders it'd be fun to get a mount for, but many of them I don't see around that often lately. There's also a thought in the back of my mind of seeing if people would do the run to help out somebody like my friend Themouse -- he's an RL friend who is basically a total scrub because he only started playing recently and doesn't have the gear and class knowledge yet. But part of me likes the idea of getting a mount for somebody who really doesn't "deserve" one just to prove we can.

3 comments:

sskirby said...

Heroic Arc and SV would be great for my alt lock. Don't worry, his dps doesn't totally suck. He's usually pulls around 800dps on the Prince in KZ

Unknown said...

As always if I am "awake" and available I am more than happy to help out. Was hoping Vashj was gonna happen last night, hopefully Saturday happens.

Paul J. Reber said...

@sskirby/Barantir: 800 dps is more than Mr. Lym "I don't need no stinking Steady-shot-macro" Hunter pulled in SH last night and that run went pretty well.

Come to think of it, it's also more than Uglykid did, but I think he did the run in his healing gear to taunt Lym.

BTW, you might be able to pull together an SV group with Ragon tanking if I'm running late one of these nights. With you, Sherider and a random other dps, I'm sure it'd be a quick run.